Standard registration - $395
Includes attendance at all conference sessions, conference collateral, morning and afternoon teas and lunches, Poster Session & Conference Dinner and Networking Drinks.
Please note - registrations are limited.
The OLT Conference 2016 Registration Desk will be open the following times and places:
Clarendon Ballroom Pre-Function Area, Podium Level, The Langham Hotel (name badge and compendium)
Thursday 28 April 2016 - 10.00am - 4.30pm
Friday 29 April 2016 - 8.00am - 5.00pm
Savoy Ballroom Pre-Function area, Level 8, Grand Hyatt Melbourne (name badge only)
Thursday 28 April 2016 - 5.30pm - 8.00pm
Your registration will be acknowledged in writing by email with confirmation of your requirements according to your registration form. Please check this information for accuracy and notify in writing any amendments required to the Conference Secretariat via email@example.com.
Delegates who find themselves unable to attend the Office for Teaching and Learning Conference 2016 after submitting a registration form, are most welcome to nominate a substitute. All substitutions and cancellations must be made in writing to the Conference Secretariat:
Office for Learning and Teaching Conference Secretariat
PO Box 6150, Kingston ACT 2604
Cancellations received before 28 March 2016 will be refunded, less an administration fee of $99. Cancellations after 28 March 2016 are not refundable. Exceptions are at the discretion of the Organising Committee. By submitting your registration you agree to the terms of the cancellation policy.
Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that participants take out their own general travel insurance. It is suggested that the insurance policy should also cover loss of fees/deposit, airfares, accommodation charges, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal property and repatriation expenses. The organisers do not take responsibility for any delegate failing to insure.
A list of participants will be produced which includes individuals' details such as name, organisation, email address and phone number. This will be given to delegates upon registration. If you do not consent to the Conference providing your contact information for one or both of these purposes, please tick the relevant privacy box(es) on the registration form or notify the Conference Secretariat.
Please read the Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) Conference Privacy Notice
The Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) through the Department of Education and Training (the department) must comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (ĎAPPsí) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) when handling all personal information and sensitive information in connection with the OLT Conference 2016.
By registering to attend the event, you are required to register your details using cloud based EventsAir, the event management system used by Conference Logistics. It is a condition of using this system that you agree to the below terms and conditions of use, including the privacy consent, and familiarise yourself with the below privacy statement.
Personal Information we may collect
By registering to attend this event the department collects your personal information including your:
- name, position, place of work, email, phone number and fax number; and
- special requirements, e.g. in relation to dietary requirements (where applicable).
The department may also collect your sensitive information such as your health condition or disability (where applicable).
Where you are registering personal details on behalf of another person, the information above may be collected about these persons.
If the personal information and sensitive information (if any) referred to above is not collected, you or the person you are registering on behalf of, will not be registered for the event.
How We Use Personal Information
The department will use the personal information, including sensitive information, collected during the registration process for the purposes of:
- registering your attendance at the event through EventsAir;
- granting or denying access to the venue, meetings or function areas in connection with the event;
- organising, hosting, conducting or managing the event (including in relation to the service delivery, accommodation, catering and facilitation of the delegate's arrival and departure);
- disclosing the personal information to the venue, accommodation providers, transport providers and caterers that are engaged by the department for the purposes of conducting the event;
- maintaining an ongoing relationship with you;
- inviting you to attend other OLT events; and
- any directly related purpose or any other purpose required or authorised by law.
Your personal information and sensitive information (if any) will be stored on EventsAir.
Event photography, audio-visual recordings and interview/quotes from you may be used to promote the event through a variety of media including on websites, social networking mediums, DVDs and printed materials. Event photography, audio-visual recordings and interview/quotes may be used to promote the department or its Minister.
Who we usually disclose Personal Information to
The department may disclose your personal information, including sensitive information (if any) to:
- Conference Logistics and other contractors (for example, transport operators, hotels, venues, caterers and IT providers where applicable) for the purposes of organising, hosting, conducting, monitoring or managing the event; or
- the departmentís Minister or their office for the purposes of organising, hosting, conducting, monitoring or managing the event.
The department may disclose your personal information and sensitive information (if any) for any directly related purpose or any other purpose required or authorised by law.
By registering to attend this event you acknowledge and consent to the following:
- Your personal information, including sensitive information (if any) that you submit via the online registration process will be accessible by to the departmentís events management staff and Conference Logistics;
- The department making your personal information, including sensitive information (if any) available to parties directly related to the event including (where applicable) the venue, accommodation, transport providers and caterers, for the purposes of confirming attendance, accommodation, dietary requirements, airport and other transfers.
By registering to attend this event you consent, authorise and agree (as appropriate) to the following:
- The use and disclosure by the department and its Ministers of any photographs, footage, words, images, quotes or other comments which identify you and any other personal information about you, collected in connection with the conference (the Material);
- The Material being made publically available including publishing it as part of a book, newspaper, article, television programme, radio programme, and including on the world wide web (which by its nature may involve disclosure to overseas recipients in any country) and any other media at any time. Once the Material is published it will be in the public domain and the department and its Minister are limited in their ability to prevent subsequent use and dissemination of that Material even if information has ceased to be true or is otherwise misleading at the time of its use. To the extent (if any) you own intellectual property rights in the Material or any part of the Material, you license the department and its Ministers to copy and disseminate them in accordance with this consent.
- The department and its Ministers are not obliged to, and have not represented they will, publish the Material; do not have to identify you as the author of any of the Material which they do publish or otherwise communicate; and may edit the Material prior to publication as it, he or she sees fit without first checking with you.
- You are not entitled to any remuneration or any other payment in respect of the use by the department and/or its Ministers of the Material. The Department and/or its Ministers are also not responsible for any royalties or licence fees payable to the photographer/video maker for the use of the photographs/videos.
- If consent is not provided, the Material will not be used or disclosed by the department or its Ministers. You retain the right to withdraw consent granted in writing at any time prior to publication of the Material.